Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just celebrated my neighbors birthday with ice cream cake and beer this evening.  I know that sounds like a funny pairing...but it went really well.  I love me some Boulevard wheat beer.  Its a regional thing and its not something you can find everywhere.


Last night I surprised the babysitter by arriving home very early from school.  When I got home, everything was all "catywhompus" as my friend from South Carolina would say.  It was bedtime and were the kids in bed? Of course not.  Babysitter was on the couch watching tv and stuffing her face.  One kid was still in school clothes and running around the house.  The other, still in school clothes and playing Wii.  It was like 5 minutes until lights out when I arrived home.  Dog was outside digging holes for who knows how long.  It just made me wonder, is it always like this?
Long story short, I am looking for a new sitter now.  Its difficult for me to find someone who I can depend on regularly 1-2 times a week.  Its not that hard, but it is.  I know the rest of my schedule until the end of the year.  But I'm worried if I let this one go, I won't find another dependable sitter that can make that commitment.  Most teenagers that you would trust to care for your children are busy with after school activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment